We are all about Fun and Funds here at Watering Our Seeds. We have put together another list of ways to save money for fun. This list includes several top secret money saving tips that aren’t really so secretive. You may be well aware of many of these tips but need a quick reminder. We overspend on certain items and then say we don’t have enough money to save. You may not see the benefit from just one but if you combine several of these tips you will notice a difference. You can also see our Money Saving Tips post here on 10 more ways to save money.
- Did you know you could save money on prescription eyeglasses??? Get you exam locally and request a copy of your prescription (don’t forget to ask for the pupil distance). Then go online to make your eyeglass purchase. You’ll cut out the middle man and save a ton of money.
I use Zenni Optical but there are several others.
- If you plan on doing any online shopping sign up with Wikibuy. While you shop, Wikibuy evaluates other sellers like Walmart, Target, eBay, Jet, and others you might find with a Google search. It confirms availability (including size and color), price, taxes, shipping – and tests coupon codes. They will find you the lowest price on the items you’re shopping for.
- Contact your cell phone company at least every 6 months. They may have cheaper plans that better suits your needs. These companies are in competition to offer the best rates possible. Don’t overpay simply because you didn’t call to check.
- Create a budget. Writing down your expenses can help you see where you may be overspending. You may also realize that you could be saving a lot more money.
- Participate in online financial courses or challenges. They provide free information to help with your finances. If interested, you can try the Live Richer Challenge with The Budgetnista or the many Dave Ramsey challenges. You will find some of the information extremely helpful.
- Do not allow others to dictate your funds. There’s a difference between investing in others and enabling a mooch.
- Carry cash instead of using your debit or credit card. This makes you more aware of how much you are actually spending.
- Don’t be too good to shop at the thrift store especially for things you will only wear once…i.e. Halloween costumes, Ugly Christmas Sweaters. You may also be surprised to find something brand new. The Goodwill receives regular donations from Target, Kohls, and Disney.
- We save our change to pay for extra expenses during vacation or to enjoy family friendly fun at home.
Click here for tips from Citizens Banks on how to work with your loose change.
- Planning ahead tends to save you money. You’ve heard that the early bird gets the worm. The worm in this case is the savings. Many things cost more the longer you wait. Don’t overpay because you procrastinated.
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook at Watering Our Seeds for our weekly Monday Saving Monday tips!!!!
You can also find us on Instagram
Feature image courtesy of: master-mindalliance.com